You remember that old saying? As I’ve grown up, I see it’s true. When you’re living right, you literally don’t have the time to be up to no good. I honestly wish I had the time to be in somebody else’s business. This is my typical weekday:
- 7:00a: Wake up, get dressed
- 7:45am- Drive to work. Listen to music or a podcast.
- 8:30am-5:30pm Work. I always take a lunch break because there’s no way I’d survive an open office set up without it. But I actually do work at work. It’s not crazy hectic like it was at my old firm, but I keep busy.
- 5:30pm- Drive home in traffic. More music/podcasts.
- 6:30-8pm: Assuming I meal prepped over the weekend like I was supposed to, this is my time to myself since DH usually gets home a little later. I do a work out, browse the internet, etc.
- 8-10pm: Eat dinner, watch tv with hubs, read a few chapters.
- 10-11pm: I shower and do my nighttime beauty routine, and read a few chapters to wind down before bed.
Now look at this schedule and please tell me, where in the world do I have time to worry about anybody that’s not me or mine? Some of y’all out here can’t be living right. It takes a LOT of time to strive at a career, maintain a relationship, cook healthy meals, stay in shape, and de-stress so you don’t go crazy. And yes, I’d have more free time if I was single but not that much more free time because I have hobbies. I’d read, write in my journal, probably work out more, go to the movies, hang with my girlfriends, travel and find other ways to fill up that time real quick.
I guess some folks really don’t have anything better to do.